White hair is believed to be either hereditary or caused by stress, hormones, or over-all health issues. Regardless of its cause, hair becomes white because of a lack of melanin which gives hair its black color. Nowadays, how to get rid of white hair becomes more and more urgent. This is because white hair appears to be showing up earlier in life than before and teenagers are getting white hair at a very increased rate. But it's not very serious and many remedies and treatments can be used to bring your black hair back.
How to Get Rid of White Hair
There are many products and natural treatmentsthat can help hide white hair, lessen its appearance and even turn it black again. Let's get a closer look and find which one fits you best.
1. Try Natural Treatments
There are also many solutions to how to get rid of white hair naturally. Although more gradual, one apparent bonus of trying these natural treatments is that they will not harm your hair the way most chemicals and dyes can. Some natural treatments for white hair are as follows:
- Gooseberry (Amla):Mixing this oil with coconut oil not only helps in getting rid of white hair, but also helps withhair growth andkeeps hair healthy.
- Curry leaves/juice:Curry leaves help promote pigment to your hair strands. And curry juice is also believed to help promote pigment from the inside out. When mixed with coconut oil, these leaves are great tonic for hair. Besides,it is also believed that the mixture of curry juice and coconut oil helps reverse aging signs of hair for the massive amount of antioxidants.
- Carrot seed oil: You should mix carrot seed oil with sesame seed oil and apply the mixture to the scalp. It is believed to help renew the original color of your hair.
- Fenugreek seeds: Soak these seeds in water overnight. Consume this mixture in the morning on an empty stomach. Repeat for at least 4 months to see positive result.
- Onion is believed to actually help turn grey or white hair black gradually. It is recommended to place an onion paste on your scalp and let dry. After half an hour, shampoo the paste off.
- Carrot juice & wheat sprouts: Consuming these powerful foods is believed to help reverse white hair from the inside out.
- Sesame seeds and almond oil: Create a paste of ground sesame seeds and almond oil,and apply on your scalp. It is believed that this mixture will actually turn your hair black and prevent new white or grey hairs from appearing.
- Black tea, yogurt & vitamin B:Eat all 3to get the beneficial nutrition and reverse the aging signs of your hair. You can also mix 1 teaspoon yogurt in 1 cup of black tea, massage the mixture on your scalp for about an hour, and then wash it off.
- Wheat gram, iodine & ginger: Consuming daily is believed to reverse white or grey hair.
- Rosemary and sage: Saturate½ cup of dried rosemary and sage in water for a couple hours. Use it as an after shampoo rinse. It is recommended to leave on hair for 15-20 minutes before rinsing out and repeat this process on a weekly basis.
Here is another way of getting rid of white hair, watch and learn:
2. Dye Your Hair
There are so many different ways to change the color of your hair with various dying products.The following is a list of the most common used methods:
- All over coloring
- Hair mascara
- Root concealer
- Color-depositing shampoo and conditioner
As a natural method, henna coloring can give your hair a darker color with a slight or more pronounced red hue. Henna will last about as long as most chemical oriented wash-out dyes.
3. Take Supplements
Only one supplement has made claim that it works on getting rid of white hair and can actually reverse and change white hair back to its natural color, Melancor. Melancor is still highly debated as to whether it works or not. It is a simple supplement to take and the company recommends taking it for at least 6 months before seeing results. They do offer a money-back guarantee and state that it may not work for all people.
4. Other Things to Pay Attention to
continuingto fight your aging hair can get tiring. Try to make the stringy, older hair work with you, not against you.Get a shorter, more modern cut to your hair. Also be sure, whether you color or go natural, to moisturize because white and grey rooted hair can be dry and frizzy.
Prevent the Appearance of White Hair
Instead of knowing how to get rid of white hair, it's better to prevent it at first. While it is unknown whether white hair can actually be prevented completely, the usual reasons for premature white hair can be prevented. Hair is grown from the inside out and as it grows, it may be stressed and damaged by the sun, free radicals, chemicals, etc. Below is a list of beneficial “dos” and “don'ts” not only for your hair but for your complete well-being.
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of lean protein.
- Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Keep hydrated.
- Make sure your diet is rich in foods that provide vitamin A, C, E, and B12, as well as copper, iron, folate, and zinc.
- Eat foods rich in Biotin which isan important vitamin for naturally-colored and healthy hair. Besides, it is good for hair, skin and nails. Some foods rich in Biotin are almonds, cucumbers and oats.
- Avoid sulfates, phosphates, chlorine and ammonia. These substances are found in many low-quality hair products on the market today. These products are known to dry out your hair and weaken roots of your hair.
- Head massages to stimulate blood flow. Almond oil, coconut oil and avocado oil can be used.
- Do not smoke cigarettes.