Knowing how to reduce waist size is the goal of anyone who has excess pounds to shed off. Experts often recommend eating a healthy diet with less calories and fat to lose weight. However, dieting alone usually does not solve the problem of belly fat. Fitness experts advise doing cardio workouts, which usually help burn calories and improve weight, but in addition, one must do waist exercises to trim the abdominal fat and reduce waist size.
Healthy Diet to Reduce Waist Size
Here are some ways to achieve a healthy diet that can help trim the waist:
1. Balanced Nutrition
Make sure you get balanced nutrition by eating a diet that includes protein from poultry and fish, low-fat dairy and whole grains. Reduce your fat and sugar intake and limit your consumption of processed foods because these usually contain ingredients, which do not help in losing weight.
2. Reduce Calorie Intake
Decreasing your calorie intake by about 100 calories will help you burn about 12 lbs. (that is more than 5 kg) per year. You can cut a hundred calories by avoiding high-fat foods like fried foods and sugary foods, such as pastry and sweet beverages.
3. High-Protein Breakfast
Experts recommend eating a high-protein breakfast in the morning to speed up metabolism and burn more calories throughout your day. Foods rich in protein help keep you feeling fuller longer, thus reducing hunger and desire to eat during the day.
4. More Meals
It is better to eat more meals, which includes small but healthy snacks, than to skip meals, which will only slow down metabolism and prevent you from burning calories efficiently.
Proper Exercise to Reduce Waist Size
1. Weight Training
This type of exercises builds muscles and increases strength, leading you to burn more fat. It also boosts your metabolism while your muscles burn extra calories. In these exercises, you can target the abdomen by doing abdominal strengthening exercises, which include planks and crunches.
2. Interval Training
These exercises involve running, walking, or doing interval-training exercises to burn abdominal fat. Exercise at 30 - 60 minute intervals at least 2 - 4 times per week if you can. You can start by walking, and slowly building up until you can run.
3. Cardio Workouts
Cardiovascular exercises make the heart beat faster, so it will help to incline the treadmill 10 to15 degrees and walk for 15 minutes. You will feel that these are more strenuous compared to walking or running on flat surfaces. Cardio exercises help burn more calories and reduce body fat faster, especially those around the belly.
4. Waist Exercises
To help trim your waist even more, try following up with waist exercises, which focus on the target area.
- Use a pole between your shoulders and let your arms hang over it to balance.
- Now let your feet spread below the shoulders, keeping the back straight.
- Turn from your waist from left to right, but look straight ahead.
- Repeat the rotation from right to left.
- Do as much as 50 rotations.
The best way to reduce fat from the waist and stomach and to burn calories fast is to do quick squats.
- Stand with your back straight and start performing squats, making sure to let your fingertips touch the ground lightly every time you go down.
- Do 100 squats within five minutes, building up to another 100 squats within the next ten minutes.
- You can also increase the intensity of this exercise by handing dumbbells.
These exercises can trim and tone your waist.
- Use an exercise mat to lie down on your back, with your hands supporting your head.
- Lift your knees to your torso, then lift shoulders off the ground, without pulling on your neck.
- Bring the right elbow toward the left knee, while straightening the right leg.
- Start again by switching legs and elbows.
- Do 10 - 12 repetitions.
Belly Button Exercises
- Suck in your belly button area without affecting the upper abs.
- Keep sucking in until you can almost feel you are touching the spine.
- Hold the position for about 20 seconds, and then release. Do this again and repeat for 5 minutes.
If done regularly and properly, you will see good results in time.
More Measures to Reduce Waist Size
1. Stress Control
Stress causes fat to accumulate in the belly. Learning to relax and handle stress will help you avoid unhealthy eating practices. One way to do these is to exercise regularly or to take up meditation.
2. Enough Sleep
Adequate sleep (about 7-8 hours) at night reduces the production of hormones that could increase appetite. People who lack sleep often have the tendency to eat more, so it is best to get enough rest.
3. Staying Active
Moving around most of the day instead of just sitting for long hours helps burn calories and increases your metabolism. So instead of using the elevator, take the stairs. If you have a desk job, standing up and walking around every hour will allow you to burn more calories.
4. Quitting Tobacco
Studies show that smoking is related to development of belly fat. Even passive smoking has been associated with increasing waist size. So if you smoke, quit the habit to trim your waist.
It is easy to learn how to reduce waist size, and all you need is the determination to follow these recommendations from experts.