Ecstasy, also known as MDMA (3, 4 methylenedioxy-N-methamphetamine), XTC or E is simply a drug used to enhance the mood of the user while at the same time increasing their energy. Intake of ecstasy leads to euphoria and increased emotions. It can also enhance sexual experiences. For these reasons, ecstasy is mostly served in parties and is referred to as a party drug.
In case you took ecstasy and you’re worried about its effects and time it takes in your system, this article can provide you with the answer.
How Long Does MDMA stay in Your System?
To be able to clearly estimate how long ecstasy stays in the system depends on the intake of the drug. It can vary if you took it once or several times. In the case of intake in multiple instances, the ecstasy is expected to stay longer in the system. It is highly recommended to avoid taking another dose before the initial dose wears off as this causes severe hangovers.
One dose of ecstasy will show in several tests as follows:
- Saliva: traces of the ecstasy will be found in your saliva. It only clears off in 1 to 3 days.
- Urine: traces of the drug are present in your urine for 1 to 3 days.
- Hair: traces of the drug are present in the hair for 90 days but require through lab tests.
- Blood: traces of the drug are present for 12 hours.
More than One Dose
Multiple doses of ecstasy take longer to wash out of the system:
- Urine: traces of the drug are present for 2 to 5 days after intake.
- Saliva: drug traces are present 1 to 5 days after intake.
- Blood: drug traces are present up to 24hours or more after the intake.
- Hair: the drug is present 90 days after intake.
The initial high from ecstasy lasts for a few hours. The more the drug is taken, the longer it takes to wash out of the system. Taking the drug on multiple occasions causes a buildup in the system. Most of the people who take ecstasy are likely to be addicts of other drugs such as cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine and Viagra. The intake of multiple drugs at a time prolongs the time it takes for them to be washed from the system.
Common side effects of ecstasy intake include increase in blood pressure, heart rate as well as muscle tension. Other side effects associated with hangovers from the drug include nausea, blurred vision and sweating. Some of these side effects may re-occur a few days after for no reason.
Watch a video for the time duration of drugs in your system: